Barcelona – one of the greatest places to visit is filled with a hundred or possibly more attractions. Navigating your way through them and fitting them in your schedule is not an easy task. To make your trip to Barcelona a memorable and funfilled one, make sure that you book your hotels in advance before visiting this great holiday destination. Here is a list of the top 7 attractions of Barcelona which must be visited at any cost.
- Magic fountain: also known as Font Mágica de Montjuïc, this fountain must not be missed. Its like no other fountain you have ever seen. Built in 1829, this fountain’s stunning water along with its lights and music is really enchanting. It is one of the most visited places in Barcelona. Whoever arrives there doesn’t forget to visit this fountain.
- La rambla: this is a street starting at Plaza Catalunya and ending at the Monument of Columbus at the Port Vell harbor of Barcelona. It is not something amazing to look at. However, it is a must visit! Unless and until you have walked down that road you will not understand its true charm and there are no words to describe it. It is the human heartbeat of Barcelona. Poet Federico García Lorca said about La Rambla, “It is the only street in the world which I wish would never end.” Though a must visit, one must be wary of pickpockets on this street.
- The Barrio Gotico: this is the old city area of Barcelona. Built around the old Roman town, this town with its archaic churches, plazas, markets and museums has a very pleasant feel. The city history museum is the main attraction here.
- Tibadabo Hill: This is an amusement park and it is meant more for the kids than for the adults. It provides a spectacular view. The old Blue tram and mountain railways are the two forms of transport used to reach there.
- Park Guell: Commissioned by Gaudi’s patron Count Eusebi Güell in 1923, Park Guell was originally going to be a private and exclusive residential garden city with 60 houses. However, the original plan to sell these houses had to be abandoned due to lack of buyers. As a result Guell donated the site to the council. This park is a must visit! Its spectacular view is breathtaking and a stroll through the park is the best experience you’ll ever have.